Reading Night is Monday, March 2nd from 5:30-8:00 p.m. in the high school library. Students, families and community members are all encouraged to attend.
- Meet the new media center specialist! - Tina Lundquist is new to our GHS family. Stop in to meet her.
- Refresh our reading choices! - Bring in books for our book
drive and/or buy books at our used book sale. (Proceeds will go to support the
- Pledge to read more! - March is reading month. Any GHS
student who makes a pledge to read a certain number of hours during March will
be entered into a drawing for a Barnes and Noble gift card.
- See what students have done! - Student projects from their
English classes will be on display. Art projects will also be on display as
- Pick up tips! - Information booths will be set up with
brochures to take home. (Where to find good reads for high-schoolers. How
families can be involved in encouraging reading and learning at home. Etc.)
- Read! - Of course we'll be reading on reading night. Any
GHS student who spends time curled up in our comfy reading corner during Monday
night's event will receive extra credit (based on the length of time spent
engaged with their reading material).
- Munch and mingle! - Light refreshments will be